Going Green..

My almost 8-year old 17" AOC CRT monitor chewed up its last byte last week. AOC was my first monitor when I had my very first desktop computer. The system unit had long been gone, 4 years ago I think, but the monitor proved to be long-lasting.

I've been reading about going green with electronics these past few days so I decided to buy an Energy Star compliant LCD monitor. Energy Star qualified products use less energy, save money, and help protect the environment.

Yes, it costs more but it feels good to be more responsible and earth-loving. We've got one Earth to live in so I guess we need to take care of it as much as we can, right? LCD monitors are also energy-efficient compared to CRTs so I am giving my pocket a break for energy costs as well. I am glad my Acer laptop and TV have Energy Star logo on them too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SSS Salary Loan Online Application

Just a Quick Post!

Ben Pei’s No Brainer Blog Contest