Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Certified Busy Mommy

I had been very busy these past few days. Things around here have become so hectic I feel like I’m always running out of time. My baby was sick I had to bring her to her pedia. Thank God she's OK now. And, I have the usual mommy chores to attend to. Good thing I have my sister and my mother-in-law to help take care of the baby and the kids and maintain the house. Then there's my offline and online jobs. I am glad my hubby is not here I can forget for a while my wifely duties though I still check on him every day as every dutiful and loving wife should. And oh, he’s just got promoted to the next higher rank!

People around me are wondering how I was able to do all these things. They’re fully aware I’m no super-woman :). Sometimes I have to literally slap myself on the face to be reminded that I am not, and that I need to slow down a bit. I have this tendency to be obsessed with work that I wouldn’t stop till it’s done, stretching myself too thin in the process.

So how am I able to fit it all in? I have found out that taking even a short, little break in between work and other duties is an excellent way to rejuvenate my tired mind and body. What follows are the little things I do to take a breather and avoid being burned out and feeling stressed.

I do a few stretches at my desk while working. Sitting at a computer for hours can leave my neck, back and shoulders tense. Giving those muscles a little break is beneficial.

I close my eyes for a minute or two and do a few breathing exercises every time I got stressed out during the day. Taking these mini breaks throughout the day keeps me calmed and relaxed.

If stress and worries bog me down, I take a long, warm bath. Warm water soothes and relaxes tension away. It is also beneficial if essential oils such as lavender are added to the water.

I take a walk every time I got stucked. Even a short little walk to my sister's house across the road gives me an instant energy boost.

There you have it! I have found those little timeouts above excellent ways to make me calmed and relaxed, thus allowing me to get more things done in a day.

2 comments:

james83 said...

Hi,
Are you people bored of fake sites of paying fake thing in life,
if yes is the ans than just try this site world best part time 101%
payment garenty. you people don't belive me than just try this site.
-----------

THIS IS THE SITE

WORLD BEST PART TIME JOB'S




JUST TRY THIS SITE

--------------------

Buy RevitaDerm said...

I have found out that taking even a short, little break in between work and other duties is an excellent way to rejuvenate my tired mind and body. What follows are the little things I do to take a breather and avoid being burned out and feeling stressed.